Saturday, November 24, 2007

Grammar Rules!

I am always looking for websites that can be of use to me in my genealogy. Some of these website are general genealogical type websites and others are not genealogical but can be applied to genealogy work/research.

I am a big fan of taking your research and writing up a family history or life story narrative on your ancestors. I think this helps bring the person to life and makes them more interesting to your non-genealogist family members. The one problem is that a lot of people are hesitant to write up a narrative because they don't feel like they are "writers".

For those who want to bone up on their grammar, try the website Grammar Girl at http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/. Mini lessons found on this website include everything from proofreading tips to commas. There is even an article explaining daylight savings time.

No comments: