Friday, December 18, 2009

Looking forward to 2010

I love it when there are future events to look forward to. 2010 comes with a bunch of great genealogy conferences to attend. I think conferences are so important because they provide you with the opportunity to network, meet vendors and learn from other genealogists.

The first conference I will be attending is the Mesa Family History Expo, January 22-23. I have written before that I love Family History Expos. I have been attending the St. George one since it began and find it to be a great way to meet people and discover new ideas.

I have been named a Blogger of Honor for the Mesa Expo and feel honored that I would be in the company of so many great bloggers.

Holly Hansen at Family History Expos has been so generous to provide the bloggers with 2 tickets to the event to pass on to their readers. Some bloggers are holding contests. I would love for my tickets to go to someone who really would love to go to Expo but could use the extra help that free admission would provide.

So if you would love to go, please email me and let me know. I will take the first 2 submissions. I will even sweeten the deal and invite you to lunch at the conference to go along with your free admission. This way we can meet, chat about genealogy and eat!

To read more about Expo, click on http://myancestorsfound.com/.

3 comments:

Energetic Storyteller, Family Historian & Grebel Lover said...

Gena, great idea to include lunch with your offer!

Daniel Horowitz said...

For everybody’s information:
MyHeritage.com included the FREE genealogy software Family Tree Builder on the Syllabus CD you will receive at the Arizona Family History Expo.

I’m very sorry I will not be able to make this event but hope you all enjoy this treat and have a wonderful conference.

Gena Philibert-Ortega said...

Just to let everyone know-I have given the 2 tickets away. Jeff and Denise,from California will be having a great time at the Mesa Family History Expo.