Friday, January 22, 2010

Family History Expo Banquet


We have had a full day at Expo learning all aspects of  genealogy.  I have been Twittering the presentations that I have gone to.  Let me just say that Expo is a great opportunity to learn.  I've also enjoyed the Vendor Hall where you can try out different genealogy software programs, genealogy websites and speak to groups as diverse as the Boy Scouts, SAR and more.

We are about to start the live podcast which will feature blogging and why genealogists should blog.

3 comments:

Energetic Storyteller, Family Historian & Grebel Lover said...

I agree, Gena, The event is a fabulous place to learn. Great presenters, wonderful exhibits, topped off with a delicious banquet.

Mary said...

It was fun to see my picture on your blog from the AZ Family History Expo. I'm in the tan shirt. Because of all the support of this expo I now have my own Genealogy Blog thanks to people like you.

Gena Philibert-Ortega said...

Hi Mary,

I've seen your blog! Congratulations. I can't wait to see more of your postings. Plus you are interested in what I am interested in, quilting and genealogy.

The banquet was great. I also love going to the Family History Expos. I hope you will consider going to the St. George Expo next month. It's also very good.

Gena