Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Food. Family. Ephemera and the Writing Stylings of Gena

I noticed as I looked over this blog that my writings have been minimal in the last weeks.  Well, one reason is life has been busy.  But that doesn't mean I haven't written anything.  It just means that I haven't written anything here.  But I promise I will catch up with more writing on church records and unsual sources for genealogy. 

In the meantime, you can read some of my recent writings at other sites including:

Food.Family.Ephemera is my newest  venture.  It combines my passion in combining women's studies with genealogy and my love for unsusual sources, in this case community cookbooks.

You can read a blog posting I wrote for Family History Expos on the USDA Library.  There are some great resources out there for our genealogy that are not "genealogy" sources.  One of my favorites on this website was a link to 19th century farm newspapers.  (Read the blog posting for the link).  I am going to write more about some great finds I made on this website and will be posting them on Gena's Genealogy in the near future.

As many of my readers know, I am the editor of the WorldVitalRecords newsletter and the GenealogyWise newsletter (and a few more...).  You can sign up to receive the WorldVitalRecords newsletter for free on the homepage and you can read back issues through the newsletter archive here.  The GenealogyWise newsletter is free for members.  But hey, membership is free so come join us!  We have some great member participation in that newsletter.

I have some great articles that will be available soon on the above mentioned websites as well as the blog Genea-Quilters.  I look forward to sharing some great research ideas in the coming weeks.

No comments: