I was searching on a keyword and came across the book, Wyoming: Webster's Quotations, Facts and Phrases. So I was a little bewildered what that book had to do with what I was searching for but I thought I would take a look. The book's preface states. "Ever need a fact or quotation on Wyoming?...It (the book) represents a compilation from a variety of sources with a linguistic emphasis on anything related to the term "Wyoming"..."
When you first start looking at this book it is mostly phrases, saying and songs having to do with Wyoming but as you continue searching it includes a list of non-fictional works that have to do with Wyoming. So you can find works relating to sociology, geology, history and yes, even genealogy.
Just some genealogical examples (I have included the title of the work, the name it is listed under in Wyoming... and the page number where it appears):
- Wyoming 1890 federal census index, editor Ronald Vern Jackson, page 27.
- Stark Co., Il., Toulon Twp, cemeteries : Toulon Mawberry , Publisher Ada A Terwilliger, page 28
- A church in Wyoming; a sociological study, by Herbert Charles Kimmel, page 152
- Families of the Wyoming Valley: biographical, genealogical and historical. Sketches of the bench and bar of Luzerne County Pennsylvania., by George B. Kulp, page 158
- Archives in Colorado and Wyoming: a directory, 1996. , compiled by Mary L. Linscome, page 165
- Pioneering on Cheyenne River: the stories of pioneers and early settlers in Northern Niobrara County, Wyoming, Southern Weston County, Wyoming, Western Fall River County, South Dakota, publisher Harold Lusk, page 170.
This is not all the bibliographic listings that have to do with genealogy. Because this is a limited preview book in Google, not all of the pages are available to view. And some of these listing are not just focused on Wyoming, I saw mentions of Canada, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah and Colorado.
This is a great example of a book that can lead you to other sources. Don't limit yourself to only genealogy books. Information is out there, just be curious!