You can learn more about the conference below:
National Genealogy Conference Continues to Tap into Social Media
May 31, 2011 – Austin, TX. The Federation of Genealogical Societies (FGS), along with local host Illinois State Genealogical Society (ISGS), announce the Official Bloggers for the upcoming FGS 2011 Conference - Pathways to the Heartland – to be held in Springfield, Illinois, September 7-10, 2011. The Official Bloggers are:
- Amy Coffin of We Tree (http://wetree.blogspot.com)
- Schelly Talalay Dardashti of MyHeritage Blog (http://genblog.myheritage.com) and Tracing the Tribe: The Jewish Genealogy Blog (http://tracingthetribe.blogspot.com)
- Dick Eastman of Eastman’s Online Genealogical Newsletter (http://www.eogn.com)
- Jen Holik-Urban of Chicago Family History (http://chicagofamilyhistory.wordpress.com) and GenerationsBiz (http://generationsbiz.com)
- Linda McCauley of Documenting the Details (http://lfmccauley.blogspot.com)
- Gena Philibert Ortega of Gena’s Genealogy (http://philibertfamily.blogspot.com) and Food.Family.Ephemera (http://foodfamilyephemera.blogspot.com)
- Carolyn Pointer of Family Stories (http://yourfamilystory-cmpointer.blogspot.com) and For Your Family Story (http://www.4yourfamilystory.com)
- Ol’ Myrt of DearMYRTLE (http://www.dearmyrtle.com)
- Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings (http://www.geneamusings.com)
- Ginger Smith of Genealogy by Ginger (http://genealogybyginger.blogspot.com)
With less than 100 days left before the start of FGS 2011, be sure to follow each of the Official Bloggers for their perspective on the upcoming conference. Many will be posting about research resources in the Springfield, Illinois area, what to pack for the conference and more. In addition, during the conference look to the Official Bloggers for live reporting via blog posts, Facebook and Twitter.
Complete conference information can be found on the conference website at http://www.fgs.org/2011conference/. We look forward to seeing you in Springfield in September!
Learn More and Stay Co