Monday, February 16, 2009

HubPages

I am starting to upload articles to a website called HubPages, http://hubpages.com/. This is sort of like the website Squidoo, where anyone can write and publish articles online.

I am working on a series about Confederates and the Civil War. So feel free to check these articles out. You can find my profile by using my email yourfamilyhistory@hotmail.com or my user name Gena Ortega.

I have 2 articles posted as of right now, Confederate Pension Records at http://hubpages.com/hub/Confederate-Soldier-Pension-Records

and

Was your Ancestor in the Civil War? at http://hubpages.com/hub/Was-your-Ancestor-in-the-Civil-War.

4 comments:

Greta Koehl said...

Excellent articles! In my experience with using state archives to obtain copies of the Confederate Pension Applications (Texas, Alabama, and Arkansas), they have provided excellent service. If the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors system does not provide adequate information to figure out whether you ancestor was in a particular unit (for instance, only initials given for first/middle names or sparse information on where a unit recruited), I recommend using Footnote in combination with the CWSS database.

Gena Philibert-Ortega said...

Thanks a lot, Greta for your comments and tips. I really appreciate them. I am continuing to add articles to HubPlace, so feel free to check back.

Hup said...

Hey Gena!

I'm Ryan and I work with the HubPages team and I'm excited that you've started writing with us -- please let me know if you ever have any problems, questions, etc. that we can help you with.

Keep up the great Hubbing and I'll see you soon!

Ryan Hupfer
HubPages Communicator of Awesomeness!

Gena Philibert-Ortega said...

Thanks Ryan! I appreciate it.-Gena