Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Genealogical Treasures in Reminisce Magazine

I had a chance to look at a Reminisce Magazine yesterday.  If you haven't seen this magazine you should check it out. This magazine has everything from postcards, advertisements, photos and such about the United States from the 1920s to the 1950s.You can check them out at their website and even subscribe to their free newsletter.

What struck me was that in the back there was a reader's section and some of the readers had written in and were sharing photographs, looking for descendants of those pictured. 

Just goes to show you that genealogy and your ancestor's stuff is out there.  It's just a matter of finding it!

2 comments:

A.C. Ivory said...

I love that magazine. I admit, before I got involved in genealogy, the only reason I would look at my grandparent's copy of the magazine was to find Haddie's Hat Pin. I love those kind of "search" games.

A.C. Ivory

Jean Hibben said...

Just to add more things to your life, I have "awarded" you the Ancestor Approved Award. Check my blogs for what this means & then do with it as you see fit.