Recently, one of my favorite places to find ephemera was selling stuff by the bag. Now this isn't the greatest way for me to get materials for articles since some of the ephemera could be items that have no genealogical or historical value. Because the bag was full and I couldn't see everything in the bag, I took a gamble. I just knew there was one item that looked promising.
On the back of this photo was this:
Don't we wish all family photos had this much detailed information? It's rare but it's wonderful that this person added so much. It really turns this from an orphan photo to one that we may find a relative for.
So what we know about Mary is this:
- She was born October 26th 1909
- She graduated Marine City High School in 1927 (There is a Marine City High School in Michigan)
- She was married twice
- First marriage to Everett Neal (October 22, 1928) who died in a car accident in California
- After first marriage, she and Everett moved to California.
- Second marriage to Tom Herbert who had a son from his first wife. Son's name was Howard, born in 1942
- Mary had no children
- Photo is stamped November 15, 1944
Are you related to any of these families?