Sunday, March 01, 2015

Studying Your Female Ancestors: Women History Month Resources 2015

From the collection of Gena Philibert-Ortega

March marks Women's History Month 2015 and once again I'll be spending the month blogging resources to help you better understand where to research and learn about your female ancestors.

But I do have confession. These are not going to be your typical genealogical resources for the most part. I see research as part of a bigger picture that involves traditional genealogy resources (government documents like the  census and vital records for example) and historical resources. I firmly believe that you need to understand the time period your ancestor lived in order to do really good research.

So with that confession (though not surprising for those who know me). Let's spend some time this month studying our female ancestors and getting to know them and the world they lived in.

Enjoy your discoveries!

No comments: