Saturday, March 12, 2016

Women's History Month 2016: Tip #11 Phone A Friend


Vintage Telephone by foto76/Courtesy of Freedigitalphotos.net

We all know the TV game show that invites contestants to Phone A Friend when they are stuck on a particular question. Phoning a friend allows you to increase your chances of answering the question correctly by pooling your collective knowledge.

So why wouldn't you do that with your family history research?

I admit that I ask for help all the time. I become curious about something and in cases where I have no idea who may know the answer, I reach out to my social media friends hoping I find someone who does know.

And you know what? It often works.

I wrote more about not researching  your genealogy in a vacuum for the In-Depth Genealogist blog. The post titled Talk to Someone provides ideas about who to talk to and what to ask.

Don't get frustrated with your research, reach out and ask for help.


No comments: